🔒 STL file available with purchase of a Stratom
This return top requires tuning. See this page for details.
- M4 x 20mm bolt
- M4 hex nut
- Flowable silicone or 2x OD 19mm response pad
- C size bearing
Tips on printing (body)
- Print with flat side on the bed.
- Ensure bed adhesion is good to prevent warping. Use glue or hair spray to help if necessary.
- Support is optional. There is some overhang where the hex nut or bolt goes into, but some printers can handle it with a bit of clean up.
- Adjust infill percentage to desired weight. Using PLA at 0.2mm layer height and 100% infill the result should be around 61 to 64 grams.
- Make sure flow rate is properly calibrated. 100% flow might make things too heavy and the fit too tight. The axle and nut should be tight and may require a bit of force to go in, but not excessively so.
Tips on printing (bearing post)
- Ensure the post is tight against both the axle and the bearing, but not excessively so.
- Experiment with the following settings. All of them can affect tightness:
- flow rate
- horizontal expansion
- initial layer horizontal expansion